Annual Revenue: $2,949,503
Net Cash Flow: $2,195,503
Industry: Health Care
The business is a decade-old reputable medical facility specializing in and offering advanced treatment techniques.
The practice maintains a consistent flow of patients and a pay-in-advance model. As of September 2023, the business is fully booked until September 2024. This ensures the business’s sustainability and viability. In the trailing twelve months (TTM) as of June 2023, the business generated revenues of $2.8 million, with seller discretionary earnings (SDE) amounting to $2.1 million.
The business, despite operating only four days a week with the owner (sole physician) performing two surgeries daily, has achieved financial success. As one of only a handful of specialized centers nationwide, it garners a wide patient base from across the United States, Canada, and abroad, with about 80% of its patients coming from out of town. The large influx of patients from various regions, significantly from across the US, emphasizes the underserved nature of the market, a point further underscored by the long wait list at the facility.
The practice has a vast referral network and a strong brand, with regular patient referrals from renowned medical institutions, including, other physician practices universities, and clinics.
Team: Owned and founded by a reputable practitioner who trained with worldwide experts and supported by a team of 5 employees with various responsibilities (medical technician, back-office resource, 2 front office resources, and an insurance manager).
Reason For Sale:
The owner is planning to retire and is seeking a suitable buyer to take the company to the next growth stage.
Training & Support:
The current owner is prepared to offer up to six months of transition assistance. (If an acquirer is already experienced with the procedures the transition can be very straightforward).
- 80% of patients are from out of town.
- Physicians nationwide refer patients to the facility.
- Pay-in-advance model results in no accounts receivable.
- Few nationwide comparable competitors.
- Extended Hours: The owner currently works 26 to 28 hours a week. Extending practice hours can significantly increase the revenue base and profitability of the business.
- Marketing: Currently, the practice attracts patients via word-of-mouth, referrals, and simple Facebook advertising. Investing in a marketing strategy can result in growth augmentation.
- Ancillary Services: Ancillary services could be added to the practice.
- Unfulfilled Demand: Approximately 5% of the population suffers curable conditions. Given the strong demand and nationwide inflow of patients, there may possibly be room to hire additional physicians.